Thursday, August 20, 2020

Blogging Yearly Self Review

I have been writing this blog for the last 1 year now.

These are the original goals I started with


  1. Get into the writing habit and improve writing skills
  2. Getting viewership on my blog
  3. Document my experiences and learning resources on management, investing and FIRE
Stretch goal : establish a passive source of income

Here is my review on each goal

  1. I did get into the writing habit. I published 115 posts in the last year and a bulk of them have come in 2020(>100). This meant that I spent less time per article than I would like to, but volume of article's published was high. For the upcoming year, I would like to focus on content quality. This may mean refining some of the existing content and polishing them further. At the same time, I will continue to post about new life experiences. 
  2. Blog has 28k views at the time of this writing. I establish a more consistent organic incoming stream of visitors next year and get the blog to above 100k views.  Sub-goal is to get atleast 2 posts viral with more than 10k views for those posts. 
  3. I posted more about management and investing and less about FIRE. Goal is to also post more on FIRE and share some personal experiences. This could help establish a stream of readers interested in the FIRE movement. 

Stretch goal update 

Off course, not a passive source of income, but the blog has started earning some returns. For context, blog had 2500 views this month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I am reading