Saturday, January 30, 2021

I didnt come this far to only come this far

I didn’t come this far to only come this far. I hear some people saying things like: “When I make it”… “When I get to the top”… “I’ll keep working hard until I get to the top”… “Until I reach my goal”… Let me tell you something: There is no “END”! WINNERS NEVER STOP!
If you reach your GOAL: SET A BIGGER GOAL. If you get to the top of the mountain: Find a bigger mountain!
It’s the journey.
The journey last’s a lifetime
From the start to the finish it’s a real grind
Spent so many days…. working on my mind
Keep a strong mind, live a strong life!
My goals are higher than the skylines
So I ain’t sitting on the sidelines
You think I care about hard times?
I didn’t come this far to let my life fly by
This ain’t about the money
This ain’t about the fame
It ain’t about the status
or material things
It’s about the growth
It’s about the challenge
setting goals, achieving then setting bigger goals
I always hear people say “when I make it, or when I reach the top then I’ll stop”
But the winners never quit
The winners never stop
the journey never ends even
Even at the top!
I didn’t come this far, to only come this far.
I knew the road would be tough from the start
I never complained about my cards
I know the journey is long
Whatever comes my way I’ll stick to the path
Nothing can stop me
just look at my scars
I didn’t come this far
To only come this far
NO! NO! NO!
I’m only getting started. This is just the beginning.
I AM proud of my achievements, but that doesn’t mean I’ll settle for them!
PROUD but NEVER SATISFIED.
PROUD but FOREVER HUNGRY.
PROUD and ALWAYS READY!
PROUD but PUSHING.
PUSHING FOR MORE!
PUSHING FOR GREAT!
I didn’t come this far just to only come this far
I came this far to go further!
Get stronger and push myself harder
I wanna let you know I’m just getting started
I’ve been knocked down
Kicked on and picked on
Stabbed in the back
Heckled and laughed at
Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been let down
But a thousand failures never ever kept me down
I know what it takes
I ain’t scared of mistakes
Sometimes you go through hell before the pearly gates
Everyday’s a new day, a chance to be great, a chance to elevate
There’s no way I am stopping at the third base
If ain’t going all the way, then I ain’t starting in the first place
I didn’t sacrifice everything and come all this way
To give up when I’m only 3 feet away
I didn’t come this far, to only come this far.
I knew the road would be tough from the start
I never complained about my cards
I know the journey is long
Whatever comes my way I’ll stick to the path
Nothing can stop me just look at my scars
I didn’t come this far
To only come this far
NO! NO! NO!
If the journey wasn’t challenging, the destination wouldn’t be rewarding. It’s the challenge that makes the greatness. If you reach your GOAL: SET A BIGGER GOAL If you get to the top of the mountain: Find a bigger mountain!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I am reading